**FREE SHIPPING** CholecystectoSIM is a training model for laparoscopic cholecystectomy procedure.
The training model is a real look, feel and touch of the gall bladder anatomy, including visual landmarks of the operating surrounding.
The aim of this model is to train and improve laparoscopic skills and to prepare the surgeon for laparoscopic cholecystectomy procedure.
The model can be used as a stand-alone with any laparoscopic training box, and specially design for Medisimu laparoscopic trainer, or with the Liver module to train two trainees together, one elevate the Liver and one do the removal of the Gallbladder.
Laparoscopic cholecystectomy is one of the most common surgical procedure in the world.
The procedure requires several surgical skills which include hand-eye coordination, conversion of two-dimensional image to a three-dimensional working area, knowledge of gallbladder and bile duct anatomy and laparoscopic dissection in order to identify the structures.
CholecystectoSIM can be used with 2 modules:
The Gallbladder anatomy, can be used as Standalone inside any laparoscopic box.
Size: 10cmX10cm, With simulated pericholecystic fat (Single use)
This silicone model enable to attach the Gallbladder training model.
Size: 25cmX18cm, with Velcro's to attach inside a training box. (Reusable)
- Highly realistic – real look, feel and touch of the gall bladder anatomy.
- Tissue response to cutting and dissection as in real.
- The trainee will get the same feel and touch as in the operating room.
Please note: this training model is not to be used with electrosurgery.
Surgical Objectives of the training:
- Recognize the anatomical structures in the area of the Calot’s triangle.
- Performing laparoscopic dissection in order to identify fundamental structures in process of laparoscopic cholecystectomy (cystic duct, cystic artery, common bile duct).
- Use of clipping and cutting of the structures in safe and accurate way.
- Removal technique of the gallbladder from the gallbladder bed in safe and accurate way.
- Easy replacement of the single use model for the next trainee.
- Liver elevation
- Gallbladder exposure – Incision and dissection of the visceral peritoneal layer.
- Dissection of Calot’s triangle and identify the structures.
- Clipping and cutting of cystic artery and cystic duct.
- Dissection and Removal of gallbladder off the liver.
Preparation of the gallbladder model for training:
First step: Fill the model with the simulated pericholecystic fat:
Cut the plastic cover of the fat material
Pull it all out.
Insert the fat inside the model by stretching out the visceral peritoneal layer.
Make sure the fat material cover circumferentially the Calot’s triangle structurers and the area of the gallbladder bed.
Let it “rest” and adopt the vessels shape, for about 10 minutes, and you can start over with your training.
Second step – The model has a Velcro female attachment at its bottom.
Attach it to the base of your training box or use the round plate that is with the accessories of the MEDISIMU laparoscopic trainer, or to the Liver Module.<BR> Turn it to your desire look.